Pediatric Emergency Dentist – PLEASANTON, CA
Urgent Dental Care When Your Child Is in Need
Main Street Pediatric Dentistry and Orthodontics is pleased to provide 24-hour, same-day emergency dental care for children and teens who are suffering from dental injuries. We know it can be frightening to see your child with a chipped, broken, or knocked-out tooth, but you can trust that we are here to deliver the timely care they need. Simply call our office and let us know about the situation. We’ll work quickly to get them in to see one of our board-certified pediatric emergency dentists in Pleasanton who will administer essential care in a safe and comfortable environment.
Why Choose Main Street Pediatric Dentistry and Orthodontics for Pediatric Emergency Dentistry?
- Emergency Patients Receive 24-Hour Same-Day Care
- Board-Certified Dentists on Staff
- Sedation Dentistry Available
How We Handle Dental Emergencies
You can expect that once you call our office, our team will determine when you and your child should come in to see one of our dentists. We’ll also offer first-aid tips to keep their smile safe while at home. When arriving, we’ll begin to take photos of your child’s mouth and examine the problem area to determine the severity of the issue. Once we collect our findings, our team will draft a proposed treatment plan to go over with you. When ready, we’ll begin to treat the problem using the latest technologies and most advanced solutions to ensure the health and future of their smile.
The Most Common Dental Emergencies
We treat many of the most common dental emergencies (i.e., chipped or cracked teeth, soft tissue lacerations, lost dental crowns and fillings, knocked-out teeth, and more). If you are unsure how to handle your child’s dental injury or want to know more about how we treat certain emergencies, review the information below or give us a call.
Keys to Preventing Dental Emergencies
Children are prone to falls and other types of accidents. Preventing dental injuries isn’t always easy or possible but by instilling good oral habits from an early age, there’s a chance they might avoid certain issues that might otherwise lead to serious and complex dental emergencies. Make sure that they:
- Practice good oral hygiene at home by brushing twice each day, flossing at least once before bed, and rinsing (if old enough) with an ADA-approved mouthwash.
- Keep their regular six-month dental checkups and cleanings.
- Eat healthy foods that consist less of sugar and starches and instead contain more vitamins and minerals that are good for the body and mouth.
- Give up bad habits like biting their fingernails and eating ice.
- Never use their teeth to open packages or containers.
- Wear a mouthguard if they play sports or wear a nightguard if they struggle with teeth grinding.
Cost of Treating a Child’s Dental Emergencies
The cost of your child’s dental emergency cannot be determined until a member of our team has the chance to examine their smile. During this visit, various factors such as the severity of the injury, the location, and the type of treatment needed will be compiled to create a cost estimate that you can review. Our team will be here to go over ways to maximize your dental insurance benefits as well as take advantage of other payment options should you not have private insurance to help cover the expenses.